If you’ve ever played the game, you know there are different types of angry birds.
- A little red one that does damage on its own.
- A little blue one that will morph into 3 blue ones for extra power.
- A white egg-shaped one that will spin off into another direction when tapped.
- A yellow triangle-shaped bird that will speed in for the kill at the right moment.
- A black one that will hit the target, then in a few seconds explode doing even more damage.
I got to thinking that they all represent different ways we can exhibit anger or maybe different styles of anger.
- Some people are like the red bird, they just spout off, and that‘s that, very direct.
- Others are like the blue bird, they clone themselves, they bring several with them to spout off.
- Then there are the people who are like the white bird, they position themselves to be deadly by hitting a target, but also aim for other strategic spots- sometimes they miss their mark and just spin out of control.
- The yellow bird typeS start out to spout off and along the way gets more steamed up and hits hard at their target.
- Then there’s the people who are like the deadly black bird, they hit their target then just explode killing or maiming the target and hurting a lot of other people in the process. They really set off a fire storm in their wake.
Hmm, wonder which one I am when I get angry. Can you pick out your style? Or maybe we use different approaches at different times.
All I know is that each type of angry bird leaves a path of destruction, some worse than others. And that’s what anger does. It tears down and destroys. Good word to live by: be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry. James 1:19
Angry Birds, thanks for the lesson in anger and I wonder if you could find a gentler, kinder way to accomplish your goal.